Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Not such a great dining experience

I went to Dunedin in 2009, stayed there overnight. It wasn't a great experience then, I thought perhaps because we all felt tired traveling a lot during the last few days.

So I reckon, I should visit Dunedin again this year, 2011.

We stayed at 97Motel - located strategically - a 5 minute walk from the Octagon. It wasn't a great day, some showers and lots of cloud. So we had to eat to the nearest pub we saw within the CBD.

We ate in an Irish pub - first floor, under Bacchus. I can't remember the name - it wasn't memorable and I want to forget the experience. We overpaid for a simple fish and chip dinner - $22. We overpaid for 3 pcs of chicken tapas - $7.5 plus small serving of salmon for $30. It wasn't the best ambiance for the price as well. Word of caution, study the menu carefully per restaurant you visit. Visit cafes instead of restaurants for better meals and more reasonable prices.

Anyway, I took the time to search for this restaurant I visited for the benefit of the other tourists looking for good food and good service. Not recommended: Barakah*


No comments:

Post a Comment